WEATHER GUARD® Introduces a New Line of Truck Boxes
New Design Enhances Jobsite Security and Productivity for Professionals
Crystal Lake, IL - November 2004 - Knaack LLC. is introducing a new line of WEATHER GUARD® Diamond Tread Aluminum Truck Boxes with state-of-the-art design and features that enhance jobsite security and productivity. The new WEATHER GUARD Product Line of boxes includes 38 SKUs available with either Clear or Black Armor-Tuf powder coat finish to maintain a new appearance for years.
These new boxes feature an EXTREME PROTECTION® Lock, which incorporates a lock that retracts when locked for added tamper resistance and an internal torque ring, eliminating many common keyhole break-ins. The retracting button also allows professionals to visually determine locked status from a distance ? like a rooftop.
"Our new line of WEATHER GUARD Truck Boxes is the most drastically changed product line in the history of the company," said Will Rose, vice president of marketing at Knaack LLC.. "We have spent hundreds of hours working with professionals to determine what they want in a truck box and how we could make this line more secure and user-friendly."
The covers on these new boxes now open to a full 90-degree angle for easy loading and unloading of tools. The Saddle Box maximizes bed space through a design which minimizes the amount of clearance required for the cover to open to a full 90 degrees. This is especially useful when mounting the box in conjunction with a ladder rack. Underneath the lids, the boxes are completely weather-sealed on all four sides for superior weather protection. When truckbed rails are required for mounting, the WEATHER GUARD Wide Flange Mounting Bracket provides crimp-free / drill-free installations.
Similar to automobile hatchbacks, the new latch design provides a smooth "one touch" opening, a feature that will be appreciated by anyone trying to open their box while carrying a handful of tools. The latch linkage is enclosed in aluminum to protect against shifting loads, thus ensuring long service life.
Other user-friendly features include a level holder for easy and safe storage of 48" levels. A sturdy steel tray provides additional space for smaller tools and accessories such as batteries. The tray can lock into either side of the box during transport, or slide out of the way to provide easy access to tools and supplies. A new 12-volt electrical access grommet comes standard on the box for easy electrical accessory up-fits.
The new line of WEATHER GUARD Tool Boxes is available in five styles. Designed to fit most full and compact pickups, the boxes can be configured alone, in sets, or with other WEATHER GUARD Equipment, such as ladder racks and PACK RAT® Drawer Units. Most pickup trucks can be configured with the following styles of the new line of boxes:
- Saddle boxes — Box suspends across the side rails of a pickup truck, allowing plenty of room underneath and features a single cover style designed to provide easier access to all tools and accessories.
- Cross boxes — Box suspends across the side rails of a pickup truck allowing plenty of room underneath and features twin, gull-wing-type covers, providing easy access from either side of truck. Each cover operates independently.
- Side boxes — Lo-side boxes suspend from either the driver or passenger side rail to provide extra space for tools and accessories. Typically Lo-Side Boxes are used in conjunction with either a Saddle or Cross Box, but can be used on their own.
- Pork Chop boxes — Box designed to be mounted over wheel wells in most pickup trucks. Maximizes secure storage space by utilizing space, which is typically left unused. Compatible with most tonneau covers.
- All-Purpose chests — Angled body design is ideal for use with fifth wheel and gooseneck trailer applications. Back of the chest can be placed tight against the front of the pickup. thereby maximizing bed space. All-Purpose chests work well with tonneau covers as well.
Additional accessories are available to maximize the functionality of WEATHER GUARD Truck Boxes. A soft-sided tool bag can be used to transport tools and supplies from your pickup to the jobsite. Rubber box liners are also available which help prevent tools and supplies from sliding around; reducing potential damage and minimizing the noise from rattling tools.
The new WEATHER GUARD line of Truck Boxes will be available at area distributors in January 2005, with a 3-year warranty. Log on to www.weatherguard.com or call 1-800-456-7865 to find the distributor nearest you.
About Knaack LLC.
In addition to its new WEATHER GUARD Truck Boxes, Knaack LLC. makes and markets a complete line of WEATHER GUARD® Truck & Van Equipment, including drawer units, shelving and cabinets, and racks for full size and compact pickups, vans and utility vehicles, as well as KNAACK jobsite storage equipment, including storage chests, work stations, rolling work benches and hand tool boxes.
Knaack LLC. is a division of Emerson Professional Tools. Emerson (NYSE: EMR), based in St. Louis, is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions to customers through its network power, process management, industrial automation, climate technologies, and appliance and tools businesses. Sales in fiscal 2004 were $15.6 billion. For more information, visit www.GoToEmerson.com.
For more information, please contact: Knaack LLC., 420 E. Terra Cotta Avenue, Crystal Lake, IL 60014. Toll Free Phone: 800.456.7865. Toll Free Fax: 800.334.2981. Web: www.knaack.com. E-mail: email@example.com.